4- If you have an old system, and do not have a CD, or cannot get drivers from the hardware manufacturer’s site.
Backup and Restore Drivers on Windows 7/8:
As I told you there are many useful tool for backup and restore drivers like Double Driver, SlimDrivers, DriverMax and DriverBackup! etc. In this article I’ll explain you How to Backup and Restore Drivers on Windows 7/8 using Double Driver.
Backup Drivers Using Double Driver:
1. First of all you need to download the software from below link.
4. Now Click on select button on top of the application window and choose your important drivers or “select all” from drop down menu.
6. It prompts a dialogue box which asks you to choose backup location in the destination section, just choose your folder location to save your backup.
7. It takes some time to backup all drivers, once the process will be completed it shows a dialogue box of completion.
Restoring Drivers Using Double Driver:
For restoring process read below instructions-
2. Now again click on “restore” button and select “locate backup”.
3. Select “default location” and choose the available driver backup from the list. You may change your location if need.
4. Now it list out all drivers which are taken backup. To restore all drivers click on “Restore Now” button.
That’s it, you’ve successfully completed both backup and restoring windows PC drivers without any problem. Double Driver has the option to save the list of drivers in a text file. Option to print the list is also there. This feature is quite useful, to see which drivers have been installed on the system. The list is quite informational, providing name, version number, date, hardware ID etc.