Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/madabou1/public_html/tech4more.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3853
Are you facing slow internet while paying for high speed plan?
Then there might be chances of someone stealing your internet through your wifi.
And enjoying your data freely without your knowledge. While you are using password to secure your wifi but there are some unethical ways to hack your wifi.
So you must keep an eye on your wifi security.
There may be some other reasons to stop heavy data users on your wifi networks. Because sometimes your own network users may down your speed. So you must check who is using your wifi and for better speed you must check and block useless users immediately to get high speed.
So in this article I’ll tell you how to see who’s connected to your Wi-Fi network and block them.
Check who’s Connected or Stealing your WiFi and Block them
Here are the steps to follow in order to first check that who is using your WiFi without your knowledge and then block them to revive your browsing speed. Now without testing your patience more let me take you to the steps;
- First of all, Download and install Fing app on your android smartphone.
- Now open it and there you will see the name of your network along with Settings and Refresh button.
- Tap on Refresh to see all the connected networks. Ones you have refreshed then you will show you all the connected devices.
Identifying and Blocking the Suspicious Networks
Now it’s time to identify suspicious connection and block them.
- First note the MAC address of suspicious connection; it will be a number that will be found from the above steps, where you have checked the suspicious connection. (MAC address will consist of numbers and letters(ex: 01:23:45:67:89:ab) ).
- Now open your web browser on the same network on which your internet router is connected and enter your router IP.
- Now enter your router ID and password.
- Click on Mac Filtering from Security and then click on Add Device.
- After that, enter the MAC address of the device which you want to block under the MAC field; give any name or other details, if asked and then Click on Apply, Save or OK whatever the option may be. Repeat the same process for different suspicious accounts.
- You have successfully banned the suspicious networks.
So this was the complete tutorial to know and block someone from your wifi network. Hoping this was useful for you
Hoping this was useful for you. If you have any doubt or problem regarding this method please let me know. I’ll try to sort out your problem.