The functionality of email to case Salesforce is important in managing incoming and outgoing emails from clients which need quick support from your employees. This feature automatically creates the cases for every inquiry in order to ensure that the right agent can address the problem as soon as possible. Here are the important steps to take care of.
First Download email to case Salesforce agent
First, you have to download the email to case Salesforce agent
Installing the agent
This agent is then installed behind the firewall you use.
Major rules setting for the email to case functionality
Now it is the time to set up the email to case feature in Salesforce. In order to activate this you need to use Setup>Customize>Email to case. After you have done that you can configure settings for email to case Salesforce. Here are the various things involved in the setting process. The fields have to be customized so that you each case can be tracked through specific information.
- Customization is needed for the case page layouts. This helps in predetermining which case fields should be displayed, which ones your users need, and which one should be readable only.
- It will be required to create your own email templates, which your agents will use when they have to communicate with your clients. If you like, these templates could bear your brand. They can also include merge fields which will allow display of information from the original message in the replies of the agents
- It is also required that you determine the rules of assignment. In this way, each case will be routed to the correct agent automatically
- At this stage, auto response messages can also be set up. This provides a particular client with an immediate response after they have sent a query so that they get information that it has been received
- Your Salesforce system should keep track of the issue as the case escalates. This is the reason why you should set up rules for case escalations
- Designing a form is also required, which will be used by your customers to submit their cases through your website
- Also, it is required to set up case capture based on client emails. This ensures that any inbound email generates a case automatically
- A model for case-sharing needs to be set up for allowing the right amount of access to cases by your customers
- The Thread ID for email to case Salesforce is also important. You ensure that a new reply by a client goes to the already existing case instead of an old one by setting up this option thus reducing redundancy. You can set up this ID which makes it appear in both the email body and the subject
- By allowing the option of notifying case owners on new emails, the agents who handle multiple cases will be able to get the knowledge that when one of their clients has sent in another reply.