Whatsapp is one the most useful application for many of us. Like Facebook, it is also popular among all ages, not only in youths. Nowadays we don’t use sms for sending texts to others. We like to use Whatsapp or any other social messaging app for doing this task. There are many benefits of using Whatsapp over sms, you can send funny messages, videos, audios without using any extra cost other than internet charges. This is the reason why this app is very popular among their users.
If you are a tech savvy then definitly you have the habit of using latest phones or there may be some other reasons to switch your phone. In that case, if you need to backup of all media files of whatsapp then this post may help you to do the exactly without losing any important files.
Here is it-
How to Restore WhatsApp messages and transfer it to other phone?
You can easily transfer chats from one phone to another. To do so, please follow these steps:
- First of all, make a backup of your most recent chats:
Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat settings > Back up chats.
2. Next, transfer this backup to your new Android phone.If your phone has an external microSD card, take the microSD card out of your old phone, and pop it into your new one.
3. For phones that have an internal memory / internal SD card (like most Samsung devices), you will need to transfer the /sdcard/WhatsApp/ folder from your old phone to the same folder of your new phone. There are a couple of ways you can do this. You can use a file explorer or even transfer the backup files to your computer.
4. Once you have safely transferred your backup, you can install WhatsApp on your new Android phone.
5. During the installation process, WhatsApp will automatically find your backup and ask you if you would like to restore it. Once restored, your old chats will appear on your new phone.
Was it simple?
I think, Yes it was.
So now it’s your turn follow the instructions described above and Save your Whatsapp backup and transfer it to another phone. If you stuck at any point then leave your comment below this post I’ll try to sort out your problem. And do remember one important thing do not put this information into your pocket, spread it for others. This may help to grow tech4more family.