What are the Keywords?
Considering factors for a Keyword
1. Keyword Frequency
2. Keyword Proximity
Keywords on a page must be related to each other, in some cases, in relation to otherwords with a similar meaning as the queried keyword.
3. Keyword Weight
It refers to the number of keywords appearing on your web page compared to the total number of words appearing on that same page. So don’t use more keywords, if your article is 300 words or 500 words. If it is more than 1000 words, then you can use.
4. Keyword Placements
Best Places to Put Your Keywords:
For avoiding confusion of where to place keywords or not, here is the complete list of places where you can use your main keywords.
Image courtesy: SEOmoz
- Keywords in the title tag.
- Keywords in the meta description
- Keywords in < h1 >, < h2 > and < h3 >tags.
- Keywords in the anchor text < a href=”http://xyz.com” > keywords < /a > link tags.
- Keywords in permalink.
- Keywords in the body copy.
- Keywords in images “alt texts“.
- Keywords in comments tags.