The 2018 Ford Fusion is definitely a good commuter vehicle. This four-door midsize sedan can accommodate 5 people. The Fusion offers a confident ride for the passengers. This midsize car has a roomy cabin and decent cargo space for your weekend getaway. With a full load of passengers and cargo, you might find the engine on the base trim to be a little weak. This problem can be solved by opting the turbocharged engines. The fuel economy on offer is average for the segment.
The 2018 Ford Fusion review says it is available in five trim levels: S, SE, Titanium, Platinum and V6 Sport.
- Fusion S model has a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that is capable of delivering 175 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque. The other features include 16-inch alloy wheels, automatic headlights, LED taillights, front wheel drive, cruise control, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, height adjustable driver seat, and a four-speaker sound system.
2. Fusion SE model comes with 17-inch wheels, rear heat ducts, exterior keypad entry, an eight-way power driver seat with power lumbar and a six-way power passenger seat.
3. Fusion Titanium model is offered with all the optional features that come with SE trim level, Titanium also comes with 18-inch wheels, a rear spoiler, sport front seats, a premium 12-speaker Sony sound system and turbocharged 2.0-liter engine that is capable of delivering 240 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque.
4. Fusion Platinum: All the features that are cited above. Also contain upgraded leather trim, power adjustable steering (reach and rake) wheel, and a unique grille insert.
5. Fusion V6 Sport model: This model is a sporty version of Fusion. Contains a turbocharged V6 engine that is capable of delivering 325 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. The exterior looks ravishing due to 19-inch alloy wheels and an aggressive front grille.
Driving and Performance:
The 2018 Ford Fusion comes with a lot of engine choices. A plug-in hybrid of Fusion is also available. The base 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine is not impressive. Two turbocharged EcoBoost engines are optional. One of them is a 1.5-liter 4 cylinder (181 hp) engine and the other is a 2.0- liter 4 cylinder (245 hp) engine. The gas mileage offered by Fusion is low as compared to other vehicles in the same class. The car gets an EPA of 21 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway. The fusion has an independent suspension that is composed of front struts and multiple links at the rear. The Fusion has nicely weighted steering. There are different wheel sizes ranging from 16 inches to 19 inches.
Ford Fusion has a spacious interior. The driver’s seat is adjustable, so finding your favorite driving position wouldn’t be an issue at all. Wide opening doors make entering and exiting the car very easy. The controls provided inside the cabin are easy to operate. The car offers an ample amount of head-, leg- and hip room. The quality of materials is average. The Fusion comes well studded with Sync 3 infotainment system. The voice control, smartphone integration and audio and navigation all are of excellent quality.
The 2018 Ford Fusion has got all the good looks you would be expecting from a midsize sedan. The Fusion has a sophisticated exterior design. Three new color option of Agate Black, Velocity Blue, and Rich Copper Metallic Tinted Clearcoat are available.
NHTSA awarded the 2018 Ford Fusion a five-star overall rating. The Fusion was also named a Top Safety Pick of 2018 by IIHS. Standard safety features such as blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and lane keep assist make it a safe car for your family.
The 2018 Ford Fusion is a daily driver that can also double up as a fun to drive car when properly equipped. It is spacious and safer when compared to other cars in the class. It does have some flaws, but most of them are not deal breakers. The higher trim levels offer more value for money.