Social media has become one of the most effective online marketing tools across the globe. From established international brands to upcoming local start-ups, they have optimized the use of social media to promote their products.
Pinterest has emerged as a platform of choice, especially among artists, business people, and marketing professionals. With its 300 million active users, the social media application has enabled its members to discover, share, and promote content.
Here are some tips on how you can maximize the use of Pinterest, gain a wider following, and earn more in the process.
1. Be consistent. As with all social media platforms, you need to use your account as often and consistently as possible. The last thing you need to be is to become a casual poster who updates the page once a week or once a month.
Just like what you often hear from people, strike while the iron is hot. In your case, pin when your followers are using the platform. You can even utilize a scheduler such as Tailwind that will let you know the best time to pin. It can also help you eliminate the need to pin manually.
2. Use multiple pins. When engaged in Pinterest marketing, it pays to use multiple pins that will draw users to the same source. If you want to boost your exposure on Pinterest’s Smart Feed, you can use different pin descriptions.
You can create new images for seasonal content or evergreen content for the same landing posts. This will enable you to get new visits or generate traffic even from older posts. All you have to do is to use recent pins to update your posts.
3. Plan in seasons. If you want to pull in more followers when doing Pinterest marketing, you have to learn to plan in advance. You can do this by taking into account the different holidays in the year and pin days in advance based on these occasions.
4. Maximize boards. Many users forget to use keywords for their boards. This can be a huge mistake – and a disadvantage – because board names are easily searchable. The secret is to choose board names that will perform well in SEO.
For example, using the word “exciting” to describe your tour packages may seem fine with you. But would it not sound better if you chose “life-changing tours” as your board name? All it takes is creativity to come up with exciting catchwords and phrases.
5. Consider your followers. It is okay to follow your best friend as he, for instance, prepares for his wedding. But as a marketer, you need to be strategic. Also, follow those who can help you promote your account and the brand or business you are pushing.
In the same way, you need to exert more effort in encouraging your social media followers to connect with you on Pinterest. If you have the Instagram ‘swipe-up’ feature, you must also have it in your Pinterest profile. You can then ask your Instagram followers to get in touch with you on Pinterest.