Are you getting “connection timed out retry ” error message in your play store while your internet connection is working fine?
Actually, this is one of the most common error for android users. While new version of android Marshmallow and Lollipop have fixed this bug. But if you are using old version of android OS due to lack of upgradation then you will definitely face this problem.
When I faced this problem first time, at that time I was not much aware of this error. So I thought I am only the person who is facing this issue. But I was surprised when I got many others who were facing the same problem and some of them have got the solution while others were still facing the same issue.
So in this article, I’ll tell you how to solve this error without wasting your time on researching. Here are the solotuins by which I helped many peoples to get away from this error.
Note: Make sure that you have working internet connection.
Methods To Fix Connection Timed Out Error in Google Play Store
There are some working tips, just follow one by one any of them may work for you.
1- Clear Cache and Data of Google Play Store:
This is working for many users. To do this just follow the below steps-
1. Go to settings.
2. Open “Apps” move to all “All Apps”
3. Look for Google Play Store and open it.
4. Press Clear Data button and you are done.
Restart and check the play store, If it does not help you to solve Google play store no connection error then proceed to bellow steps.
2- Clear Cache and Data of Google Service Framework:
This is the hidden app in your android, which works silently in background of your android phone. For many users it works, so you should also try it may work for you.
1. Go to settings.
2. Now open “Apps”.
3. Find and open Google Service framework.
4. Select Clear Data button and you are done.
Now restart your phone and check play store again. Is it working now?
If not then go for next method.
3- Check Correct Date and Time
Make sure that time and date is correct on your phone. This may be one of the reseon for this error.
- Go to Settings > Date & Time.
- Turn on automatic date and time option.
4- Remove & add Google Accounts
Remove your existing google account which you are using for play store. It is also working for many of my friends.
- Go to settings > Accounts>All
- Here you’ll get all accounts but you have to select Google and remove your google account.
- Now again add your google account and login.
This may help to recover your problem.
5- Wipe Cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset of your phone and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold
I. Volume Up key
II. Power key buttons at the same time.
3. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.(if not appears do it again)
4. Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
5. Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
6. With ‘reboot system now‘ highlighted
7. Press the Power key to restart the device.
6- Factory Reset
If none of the above methods worked for you then go for this method it will definitely solve your problem.
Note: Factory resetting will erase all the data from your Phone so please backup your contacts and other important files otherwise you will regret this decision.
To do this follow the below steps
- Go to Settings > Backup & Reset.
- Select factory data reset.
If you do not want to lose your important backups then you must try wipe cache partition.
So guys just try to recover “Connection Timed Out” Retry Error Message from your Android phone. Do share your working method if you found any new.